Helpful information on how to use your health insurance during your GEC program
Welcome to IMG Global Insurance!
Your new medical insurance ID card from has been emailed to you. The email is received from email@example.com so please check your spam/junk folders if necessary. If you have not received your medical ID card by email, please reach out to GEC and they can assist you.
ALWAYS CARRY YOUR MEDICAL INSURANCE ID CARD WITH YOU and present it to the
medical provider when receiving treatment.
Your Insurance ID card:
- indicates that you have health insurance.
- contains information that providers, urgent care and hospitals will use to get paid by your insurance company.
- provides contact information for IMG Global Insurance Customer Care in case you have questions.
Providers’ offices will usually make a copy of your insurance card the first time they see you as a patient and they might ask for your ID or other proof of identification as well.
The policy brochure provides an overview of your plans benefits and limitations including deductible, benefit limits and any applicable co-payments. For full policy details, see the policy certificate.
There are some links throughout this page with information about how to use your insurance effectively. If you have any questions or need additional information about your coverage or account, please contact Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1.800.628.4664.
MyIMG is our convenient online portal where you can:
- Submit bills and manage claims
- Access Explanation of Benefits (EOBs)
- Obtain ID cards and other insurance documents
- Access Customer Care via Live Chat, email or telephone
- Locate a provider/facility/urgent care
Set up your account at www.imglobal.com/myimg by creating a username and password. You will need your ID number and date of birth.
What’s a Provider Network and the importance of it?
IMG uses the United Healthcare network. If you use an in-network United Healthcare provider, your out-of-pocket expenses will less than using a medical provider not in the United Health Care network.
If you see a provider out of network, you will be subject to additional costs.
When you receive healthcare services from providers that are in your insurance network, your out-of-pocket costs are typically lower than they would be if you received care from an out of network provider.
Find out more about “in network” and “out of Network” coverage. UnitedHealthcare is your in-network provider.
If you need medical treatment during your program telehealth/telemedicine and Convenience/Urgent Care Clinics options below are the lowest out of pocket cost to you:
For common illnesses and/or minor injuries, your policy has a Teladoc/Telemedicine benefit. Teladoc/Telemedicine visits are NOT subject to a deductible payment.
Teladoc/Telemedicine – $0 deductible or co-payment
Always utilize Teladoc/Telemedicine first. This provides remote doctor visits. It allows patients to connect with healthcare providers remotely, either through video conferencing or through phone calls, to receive medical care without having to be in the same physical location. Telemedicine can be used for a variety of medical services, including consultations, diagnoses, and treatment plans. It is especially useful in situations where a patient may not be able to physically visit a healthcare facility, such as during the COVID-19, earache, flu, sore throat or when a patient lives in a rural area. There is no cost to you for using Teladoc/Telemedicine. You are not subject to your deductible
First, you will need to create a profile on the Teladoc/Telemedicine web site or the app.
Always use zip code 46208 when creating your profile.
URGENT CARE – $50 co-payment
You can choose to go to an urgent care center. These centers can treat most illnesses and some injuries and typically, you will not wait as long you would at the hospital. At urgent care centers, you can go there to get stitches for a bad cut or injuries that require immediate attention. Some urgent cares will take x-rays for if needed. To find a United Healthcare network urgent care visit – https://us1.welcometouhc.com/
- Choose: Options PPO Health Plan
- Search the network: Options PPO
- Enter your location address information and choose Places – Clinics – Convenience Clinic or Urgent Care Clinic and the nearest in network clinics will be displayed. After your medical treatment, see *claims information for instructions on completing your required claim paperwork for IMG
If you don’t seek treatment by telehealth/Teladoc or at an in-network IMG United Healthcare urgent care clinic your out of pocket expenses will be higher. Please review your brochure and policy certificate for details of your deductible, co-insurance, co-payments and exclusions for each medical visit with a specialist, doctor or hospital.
To find an in-network doctor, specialist or hospital visit – https://us1.welcometouhc.com/
- Choose: Options PPO Health Plan
- Search the network: Options PPO
- Enter your location address information and choose People, Primary Care, Specialty Care or Medical and the nearest in network providers will be displayed. After your medical treatment, see *claims information for instructions on completing your required claim paperwork for IMG
Emergency Room – If you are having a life-threatening medical emergency, call 911 or go to the local hospitals’ emergency room. Emergency room visits and ambulance services are subject to your deductible and copayments on your plan. Please review your brochure and policy certificate for details of deductible, co-insurance, co-payments and exclusions.
Submitting a Claim – Find out how to complete a Claim Form, how to file your insurance claim, and find copies of the Claim Form and Accident Questionnaire.
- Claim Form & Accident Questionnaire
- How to file an Insurance Claim
- How to complete a Claim Form
- Submitting a Claim for reimbursement. If you have paid out of pocket for your services, you need to submit an itemized bill for reimbursement. The following is needed:
- Claim form
- The provider’s Tax ID number
- Procedure/diagnosis codes
- Providers name and address
- Proof of payment
- HCFA or 1500 Form from the provider’s office
UnitedHealthcare Provider Link: https://us1.welcometouhc.com/
GoodRX – Take advantage of the app that helps you find the lowest cost prescription drugs in your area. Mobile app that provides users with discounts at pharmacies in your area. It allows you to compare prices for different medications and find coupons and discounts that can lower the cost of a prescription. GoodRX offers a pharmacy card that you can present at participating pharmacies. GoodRX is not a pharmacy.
When you have your prescriptions filled. Please remember to keep the receipts, copy of the prescription and how you paid for that prescription to submit for reimbursement from IMG.